søndag den 21. februar 2010

Day6: 06-02-2010

Today was just like any other relaxing day. The only that differs was that I went down to the café and ordered a drink, in order to get access to the free internet down there. I just went there to talk to my family and respond to some of my mails, but didn’t have enough time to really enjoy my time there, because the battery on my laptop isn’t that good.
We also started our first wash that day, and I’m “excited” to see if it is “wearable” again… before I started the wash I met the Italian guy from last night, it appears that he feeds some of his friend’s cat upstairs.
What I forgot to tell you guys is that it appears very few Erasmus students have a job in Aveiro. It’s not because it’s hard to get, but because the pay is too bad. Who wants to earn 5Euroes an hour anyway? Even for the Portuguese people it’s not much, but if you live at your own place you can survive without a job… Thelma told me that it was a very common low wage to earn 400Euroes a month… How can people surive with that kind of wage?

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar