søndag den 21. februar 2010

Day9

Today we really had a modeling day, and I was fighting with some of the weird modeling techniques that should make life “easier”… yeah right… We worked pretty much that day, but I can’t say that I’m satisfied with the result. It looks like I have done nothing the whole day, but it took me forever to adjust the models. After school we went down to Forum, and rent some bikes. It’s pretty cool that’s free, and we biked around the city. We didn’t see anything special, but it was nice to bike again instead of all the walking. It’s probably the government/city that has made this service available in order to let the tourists see what Aveiro has to offer. I’m not sure of how many tourists actually choose to visit this place, but because of the many international students that come to study one semester/6 months at the university you could probably count them as “tourists”. You might imagine that’s the only tourism they have here in Aveiro… You can’t really say that this city has that much to offer compared to bigger cities. You can actually see all what Aveiro has to offer in one day or two depending on how lazy you are, but even though is a small city and it’s nothing compared to the bigger ones, it’s a place like nothing else. It has something indescribable, I’m not sure of what it is, but it feels okay to be here, even though it has been a long trip to finally feel “home”.
At the night we went to Praça, notice it’s a Tuesday which means we are going to have five parties doing this week… Sometimes it makes me wonder how it’s possible for students to concentrate about their work with all those parties. Our neighbors are a good example. They study at the university, and every night they are having some sort of a party above us. It’s just unbelievable… How can they even afford it? Speaking of money - I met two girls at a bar at Praça and it appears that they moved out at the age of 17. I forgot to ask them about if they had any job, maybe I will do that later. Oh yea, if you didn’t know mostly the parents pay for their children to read at the universities, I wonder if those girls parents are paying for their apartment too… I wouldn’t surprise me after all…
At our way home we met more Erasmus students, some French and some from Poland. They were quite nice, we should have asked for their numbers… They say, well the school said that Erasmus students stick together, and we would be having a lot of arrangement together, and since we don’t have any internet connection at home, it would be sweet to have to friends that could inform you… Hey, don’t get me wrong about that, having friends for friendship is also important down here.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar